Thursday, March 11, 2010

Winter Winds Down in Leysin

Exploring Luan

Luan is a small village behind Leysin and a little bit lower. I trekked over there on my skins on Sunday morning to get a few fresh turns.

Villars in the background. It was a beautiful day.


Here's a view of the Tour D'Ai and Chaux du Mont (located at the Leysin resort) from a different perspective


Looking out across the valley from Luan


Looking in direction of Lake Geneva




Skinned back over to the piste after Luan to make a few turns. Skied home to my back door for lunch. These are the fresh tracks I got to make on the final run home. It might have been the best snow of the day.






Chamonix

The sun didn't shine on the slopes and it was a very frigid day, but I skied anyway. I was able to spend the late afternoon in downtown Chamonix. Chamonix is my favorite place to ski so I could not pass up the opportunity to go. And at only an hour and a half drive away, how could I pass it up....



This guy was cruising around offering horse drawn carriage rides...sweet outfit



Mont Blanc began to poke through at the end of the day, but we never could see the summit




Dinner with the group (faculty and students) at Poco Loco in downtown Chamonix before the drive home. Delicious burgers....best I've had east of the Atlantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment