Saturday, August 2, 2014

Swiss Holiday Time

Occasionally there is time for me to enjoy the place where I spend my summers.

Afternoon ride descending into Vevey

The view from my apartment balcony in both directions

In between Session 1 and Session 2, I drove to eastern Switzerland to do some biking....
Top of the Albula Pass


On the Swiss, Austrian, Italian border

Snack break in Italy

Heading up the Passo de Stelvio...47 switchbacks to go

Looking back on the Stelvio Pass

Top of the Stelvio

Pass del Furron
Spent after the third pass of the day...3600 meters ascended





In June, before staff orientation week, I was lucky enough to be in Switzerland while the Tour de Suisse finished just across the valley in Verbier. Rode the 80km up to Verbier and got to see the pro cyclers finish there.


Mark Cavendish

No comments:

Post a Comment