Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Ireland

It seems like forever ago, but in reality it was two years ago that I trekked over to Ireland for a short stay. Not sure why it's taken so long to post the photos. Spent most of the time on the Dingle Peninsula. What a beautiful location. Rented a car and drove there from Dublin. What a trip that was...sitting on the "wrong" side of the car, driving on the "wrong" side of the road and shifting with my left hand. I'm surprised they don't make you go for a test drive before setting you free. From the Dingle Peninsula, we took a day trip to the Cliffs of Moher. We were very lucky with the weather that day. What unbelievable views from there. Here are some of my shots from the trip....

The Dingle Peninsula

Dingle Peninsula


Ian and Dennis forced me to pose too before we kayaked

View from the Cliffs of Moher

Cliffs of Moher

Ian and Dennis think they're being funny....

A 700+ foot drop off...I could only crawl to the edge

Me and Dennis peering over the edge at Cliffs of Moher

Doesn't look very far down, but trust me, it is terrifying

And even more terrifying when the wind blows out...note my hair


Random statue of Bill Clinton in Ballybunion
Ballybunion is NOT a town I recommend visiting...
Swimming on the east side of the Atlantic
It was freezing, but we HAD to do it!

Walking around Dingle

Dingle Brewing Company

Guinness never tasted so good

The bar in Dingle that was also a hardware store...we LOVED this place! Highly recommended
And now back in Dublin

MFK flew in for the night...we visited the Guinness factory
 A Leysin reunion in Dublin. MFK came in for the occasion. Anita and John were already in Ireland visiting family for the summer and Emma just so happened to BE in Dublin :)


No comments:

Post a Comment