Monday, August 27, 2012

Parapenting - Leysin

One afternoon, towards the end of my time in Switzerland, I had the opportunity to go parapenting in Leysin. I went up to the Berneuse by telecabine with some friends and a guide. I was instructed by the guide to walk down a steep slope where we would be appropriately roped in to the equipment. Shortly thereafter, my guide, instructed me to walk down the slope. Within seconds, we were gently lifted from the ground and pulled upward. From there, I sat back and enjoyed the ride on a bluebird afternoon, soaring above the Swiss Alps and Lac Leman for forty minutes.

This might be my favorite picture of the day! That's me...flying!!


Making my way down the steep slope to get tied in.
Mehdi getting ready to fly!



Looking down on Leysin

I love this picture because you can see the Tour D'Ai and the Mayen, the trademark mountains of Leysin, in the background

Loving the day

Flying high

There's Leysin, below

Me again, soaring above the mountains.

Getting a view of Lac Leman (Lake Geneva)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment